If you would like to volunteer, please call us at (650) 726-9071 or email Keith at Keith@Coastsidehope.org. Volunteer service with Coastside Hope fulfills school community service requirements.
Please tell a friend if you see a need that they can help fill.
- Help an at-risk 1st-3rd grade Coastside child learn to read by tutoring one afternoon a week. Coastside Hope partners with the Sheriff’s Activity League to tutor children at Moonridge farm worker housing using materials provided by the children’s teachers at Farallone View Elementary. For more information, please contact Peter Lowenberg at email@example.com.
- Students can meet community hour requirements by supporting our monthly Family Harvest program food distribution. They do not need to register in advance, simply show up between 3:30 and 5:30 and ask for Julie. The distribution takes place at our warehouse, 214 Harvard, Princeton Harbor. Family harvest dates for the 2016-2017 school year are 9/15/2016, 10/20/2016, 11/17/2016, 12/15/2016, 01/19/2017, 02/16/2017, 03/16/2017, 04/20/2017, 05/18/ 2017, 06/15/2017, 07/20/2017, 08/17/2017.
- Manage the inventory in the emergency food pantry. Two hour shifts, once or twice a week.
- Support the monthly Family Harvest food distribution from at our warehouse in Princeton Harbor on the third Thursday of each month. Sort food from 2:00-3:30 pm, distribute it from 3:30-5:30 pm, or do both!
- Volunteer as a receptionist at our El Granada office. One shift per week, 3 or 4 hours. We also need on-call receptionists to substitute when our regular volunteers can’t make it.
- Adopt a family or volunteer to shop or wrap gifts for the Christmas program, Nov 30 – Dec 10. Please contact Adopt-A-Family volunteer coordinator Judy O’Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-273-3967 to volunteer for Adopt A Family.