We’re Hiring! Join our Team
Position Title: Food Program Coordinator
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Summary- Full Time, hourly $24.88 -$26.05 depending on experience
The Food Program Coordinator manages and supports all food and pantry programs. The person in this position works closely with case managers and the special programs coordinator to address client food, hygiene, and other critical family needs. They also are responsible for maintaining the appliances and other equipment used for Coastside Hope’s food programs.
The Food Program Manager position requires someone with impeccable attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time. They must also have strong volunteer-management skills, and the ability to put clients at ease. The position requires someone who is comfortable working with clients who are facing difficult personal situations and must be able to do so with compassion and patience. Physical strength and ability to lift and carry boxes and food bags weighing up to 75 lbs., maneuver, and load in Coastside Hope vehicles and barrels of food stocks weighing up to 200 lbs. Finally, the Food Program Coordinator must have a clean CA driver’s record and a current C Class CA driver’s license.
• Ordering food from Second Harvest Food Bank. Tracking inventory to ensure that the warehouse, back-stock storage container, and food pantry are always full-stocked.
• Ordering and organizing critical family needs supplies in the pantry and back-stock storage container. Tracking inventory to ensure that Coastside Hope does not run out of supplies.
• Delivering food and collection containers to and from Coastside Hope facilities.
• Transporting food from multiple collection sites to the pantry, warehouse, back-stock storage container, etc.
• Recruiting volunteers, setting their schedules, and assisting them in a variety of tasks, including:
• Sorting, storing, and shelving donated food.
• Unpacking and stacking food in the pantry.
• Distributing food to clients at Brown Bag and Family Harvest events.
• Helping case managers oversee client food pickup.
• Coordinating and overseeing food drives with local agencies.
• Ensuring that food storage spaces and Coastside Hope vehicles are kept clean.
• Appropriately disposing of (including recycling and/or composting) boxes, packing materials, inedible food, etc.
• Working weekends as needed.
• Other tasks as necessary.
• Simple IRA Plan
• Health insurance
• Paid Time Off
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coastside Hope is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.