Events and Statistics 2013
Adopt-A-Family, our “Annual Miracle,” succeeded again in 2013. Donors and volunteers came together during a very cold winter to provide new clothing, books, toys, and other gifts to 368 families and seniors. In total, you helped 1,331 of your low-income neighbors in need, including 723 children. Thank you!
Our free tax program expanded in 2014, as Judy O’Leary was helped by fellow volunteers Estrella Huerta and Vicki Taft. They prepared tax returns for 381 families, with an average income of $19,610. Over $467,000 in tax returns came back to our local economy.
In FY 2013, your support made possible:
- Safety net services like food, housing assistance, utilities assistance, and case management for 3,515 Coastsiders.
- 788 instances of crisis intervention
- 360 instances of client advocacy.
- 40 cases of emergency rental assistance.
- Distribution of 383,000 pounds of food.
- 230 visits per month to the Emergency Pantry.
- The Family Harvest distribution fed families per month on average.
- The Senior Brown Bag produce distribution fed 70 seniors per week on average.
- And much more- THANK YOU!