Our client base comprises about 15% of the population of the mid-coast and includes: the working poor, the homeless, seniors living below the poverty level, the disabled, and families and/or individuals in crisis.
We serve people of all ages, from infants to senior citizens.
Employed clients typically work in farming, nurseries, hotels and restaurants, construction, domestic services and commercial fishing.
Our on-going services include:
- Crisis Intervention and Case Management
- Emergency and Supplemental Food Pantry
- Emergency Shelter Referrals
- Online Food Stamp Applications (CALFRESH)
- Health Insurance Assistance
- Rental and Utility Assistance
- Low Income Tax Preparation (Feb-Apr)
- Twice-Monthly Senior Brown Bag Supplemental Food Distribution
- Once-Monthly Family Harvest Supplemental Food Distribution
- Thanksgiving Turkey and Warm Clothing Distribution
- Adopt A Family clothing program
- Special Delivery Monthly Household Goods Program
- Forms Assistance (Unemployment, SDI, etc.)
- Immigration Assistance
- Citizenship Classes
- Translation and paperwork assistance
- Referrals – if we can’t help you, we will do our best to find someone that can.
We cannot help our neighbors in need without the financial support and hard work of our neighborhood donors, volunteers, and community partners. You give over 5,000 hours of service every year, and provide more than 20% of our funding. Thank you for your support.